Most schools at Rutgers-New Brunswick require that students take Expository Writing, and many require a second writing requirement. Specific requirements vary according to school. Please click on the links below for direct links to each school’s writing requirements:
- School of Arts and Sciences (SAS)
- School of Environmental and Biological Sciences (SEBS)
- Mason Gross School of the Arts (MGSA)
- School of Engineering
- Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy
- Rutgers Business School: Undergraduate-New Brunswick
- School of Communication and Information (SC&I)
Prerequisites for Expository Writing:
Due to their writing placement scores, students may need to fulfill prerequisites in order to enroll in Expository Writing.
- Students who place into EAP I (356:155) need to pass EAP I (356:155) and EAP II (356:156) before taking Expository Writing.
- Students who place into EAP II (356:156) need to pass EAP II (356:156) before taking Expository Writing.
- Students who place into Basic Composition (355:100) need to pass Basic Composition (355:100) before taking Expository Writing.
For more information about prerequisites, please see our Placement section.