The list of Rutgers University resources on this page is organized to help you find support for your LIFE and wellbeing, SCHOOL and academics, and WORK concerns.
Rutgers School of Arts and Sciences has very useful webpage for students that need help: SAS I Need Help.
This page has links for the advising centers and answers for the following questions:
- I am struggling in my classes.
- I need to withdraw from class.
- I am experiencing personal issues.
- I need tutoring
- I need academic accommodations for a disability.
- I am on Academic Warning or Probation.
- I have an Academic Suspension or Dismissal
- I am ready to return to SAS.
- I would like to get credit for courses I took outside fo Rutgers.
- RUPD Non-Emergency: 732-932-7111
- New Brunswick PD Non-Emergency: 732-745-5200
- Department of Transportation Services
- Knight Mover (3AM – 6:45AM, M-Th only): 732-932-7433
- Appointment line: 848-932-7402RHS
- Advice Nurse Line (after hours): 800-890-5882
- Medical Services
- Health Outreach, Promotion & Education (H.O.P.E.)
- Counseling, Alcohol & Other Drug Assistance Program & Psychiatric Services (CAPS) (for students)
- Employee Counseling Rutgers Faculty and Staff Assistance Program (FSAP)
- All administrative staff and faculty and their immediate families are eligible for our free, confidential services.
- Mission & Values
- Areas of service include:
- Alcohol and Other drug use
- Bereavement Career satisfaction
- Child/adolescent development
- Crisis management
- Financial difficulties
- Interpersonal/family relationships
- Job productivity
- Mental health
- Organizational change/development
- Supervisory concerns
- Workplace conflict resolution
Rutgers Immigrant Rights Clinic
- Busch: 848-445-0166
- College Avenue: 848-932-2300
- Cook/Douglass: 848-932-3625
- Livingston: 848-445-4088
Transfer Student Resources
- Employee Self-Service
- Identity Theft Assistance
- Part-Time Employees
- Professional Development
Discrimination and Harassment
- Rutgers Policy on Discrimination and Harassment
- Anti-Discrimination (Right to Work)
- New Jersey Law Against Discrimination
Family Medical Leave/Other Leave (see Military section for military leave)
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- New Jersey Family Leave Act
- New Jersey Family Leave Insurance
- New Jersey SAFE Act (leave under circumstances of domestic violence or sexually violent offence)
Military Employees and Their Families
Wages and Compensation
- Federal and State Wage Laws
- New Jersey State Wage and Hour Law
- MPSC Compensation Regulations
- Overtime Provisions and FLSA
Work Safety and Health
- Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA)
- Public Employees Occupational Safety and Health Act (PEOSHA)
- Right to Know (hazardous substances in the workplace)
Other Employee Protections and Information
- Collective Negotiations Agreements
- Conscientious Employee Protection Act (Whistle Blower Act)
- Conscientious Employee Protection Act – Compliance Guidelines
- E-Verify: Employment verification is federally mandated of all persons hired to work in the United States
- Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
- Employee Obligation to Maintain and Report Records
- Essential Services Personnel
- Fair Labor Standards Act (Minimum Wage)
- New Jersey Unemployment Compensation and Temporary Disability Benefits Law
- Notice to Employees Working on Government Contracts
- Notice to all Employees Working on Federal or Federally Financed Construction Projects
- Workplace Violence Policy