Lucy Stone Hall, B-103, B-106, B-108
54 Joyce Kilmer Avenue
Piscataway, NJ 08854-8040
Map and Directions
SIGN UP FOR TUTORING
- You are making a minimum five-week commitment at the same time slot. You will be tutored at the same time as another student: i.e. each tutor works with two tutees for one 80-minute period.Our tutors are not editors. They will work with you on improving your writing, but they will not do it for you.
- We will register you for 1.5 e-credits for a course called "Writing Center" (355:096:02). You will receive a grade of Pass or Fail for this course, and it will appear on your official Rutgers transcript.You may only miss one session of tutoring. As soon as you miss two sessions, you will be dropped from tutoring and receive a failing grade.
- After filling out the webform, please wait 1 business day and then call or stop by our office to find out your session information: (848)445-4048. We are in Lucy Stone Hall, B104A.
- When you arrive at the Writing Center, go to room 103 or room 106 and check for your tutor. She will have a name-tag on the desk. Please bring all of your coursework to each session, including your textbook and graded papers. You ALWAYS have something to do in a session. Your tutor will never let you go early because you have "nothing to do." Writing is a continual process.
- CLICK HERE FOR OUR REGISTRATION WEBFORM
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A TUTOR?
Tutors are paid $10/hour to work with two tutees per session. Simpy fill out our online application for Fall 2014 here.
INTERESTED IN BECOMING AN INTERN?
Interns are unpaid, but they earn three degree credits and a grade for the internship, which is a learning experience. Previous internships have focused on ESL students, social media, and distance tutoring. Interns (1) tutor 1-2 face-to-face sessions a week (2) work on other projects for the Writing Center (3) write reflective journal entries and/or complete a research paper. Simply fill out our online application for Fall 2014 here.