Rutgers Writing Program instructors and administrators engage in a wide range of scholarly and professional activities, which we are pleased to post on their behalf and in support of their efforts. Congratulations to all our colleagues!
- "The Tragedy of Leo Armenius: Gryphius, Music, and the Divine Telos of History," The Germanic Review, 92.1 (2017): 1-23.
- Author of P.U.N.C.H., a satirical novel of an online university
- “Reconsidering Modernist Totality,” Comparative Literature Studies 55.2 (2018): 395-400.
- “The Assertion of Coevalness: African Literature and Modernist Studies,” Modernism/modernity 24.2 (April 2017): 245-262.
- “The Practice of Commenting,” “Teaching Writing at Rutgers” Conference, Rutgers University, December 2017.
- “Writing as Pattern Making: Teaching Students to Use Strategic Repetition,” New Jersey Writing Alliance Conference, Rutgers University, May 2017.
- “Buchi Emecheta and the Sociological Imagination,” African Literature Association, Yale University, April 2017.
- "Struggle, Signs, and Love: Pragmatism and Nature Writing," NEMLA, Baltimore, March 2016
- Panel participant, "Photography and Homoerotic Desire," October 14, 2016 at SVA Theater, in conjunction with the exhibition "Gay Gotham" at the Museum of the City of New York
- Book Review, Homintern: How Gay Culture Liberated the Modern World, by Gregory Woods, in The Gay and Lesbian Review Worldwide, November-December 2016
- Currently researching and writing biography of twentieth century American photographer George Platt Lynes for Oxford University Press.
- Announcing two case study textbooks in social work for critical and connective thinking:
- Jaffe, M., Floersch, J., Longhofer, J., and Winograd, W. (2017). Social Work and K-12 Schools: Phenomenological Perspectives. Routledge Press.
- Jaffe, M., Floersch, J., Longhofer, J., and Conti, M. (2018). Social Work and Sexual Trauma: Phenomenological Perspectives. Routledge Press.
- And two articles:
- Jaffe, M. (2017). Case and Frame: Teaching Case Study Composition. Journal of Clinical Social Work. Forthcoming.
- Pozorski, A., and Jaffe, M. (2017). Writing Progeny: Elisa Albert and Philip Roth. Open Library of Humanities. Forthcoming.
- Assisted the organization of the Rutgers Undergraduate Research Writing Conference (2016 - present)
- Reader for _Dialogues_, Rutgers University Writing Program, 2015 - present
- Paper to be delivered at NJWA Conference, Spring 2017
- Keitges, M. (2016). Dewey on educating vocation: Bringing adult learning to the university. Philosophical Studies in Education 47, 78-87.
- "The Puzzle of Participation: ELL Writers Talking." Paper presented at the Teaching at Rutgers 2017 Conference, New Brunswick, NJ, December 2017.
Marylou Morano Kjelle
- "Newsmakers: Bill Gates: Microsoft Founder and Philanthropist," Abdo Publishers, Minneapolis, 2015.
- "Newsmakers: Steve Jobs: Visionary Founder of Apple," Abdo Publishers, Minneapolis, 2015.
- "Literacy Begins at Home: Fifty Ways to Help Your Child Excel in Language Arts," Kindle Direct Publishing, 2015, ebook.
- Received a Rutger's Presidential Award for Excellence in Teaching from President Robert Barchi.
- “Centre or Periphery?: The Role of Dublin in James Yonge’s /Memoriale/.” /Dublin: Renaissance City of Literature/. Ed. Crawford Gribben. Forthcoming in 2016 by Manchester University Press.
- “Middle English Secular Prose, 2015” /Year’s Work in English Studies/ 96. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2017.
- “/I Yonge Scripsit/”: Self-Promotion, Professional Networking, and the Anglo-Irish Literary Scribe, delivered at the /Friends of Medieval Dublin Symposium/, Trinity College Dublin, May 21, 2016
- "Advancing Technology: Symbiont, Parasite, Both?" Invited talk at the Springfield, MA chapter of the IEEE Society on Social Implications of Technology, June 6, 2018.
- "The Entropocene" published in the ISSS Journals - 61st Meeting (2017).
- "On the Use of AI - The Dependency Dilemma" published in the IEEE Technical Community Spotlight (September 2, 2016).
- "When Smart is Not: Technology and Michio Kaku's 'The Future of the Mind'" published in IEEE Technology and Society Magazine ( Volume: 35, Issue: 2, June 2016 )
- Amazon (U.S. ) review of Robert Colvile's "The Great Acceleration: How the World is Getting Faster, Faster"
- "Anthropocene as Life's State of the Art in Disorder Production: A Sustainability Conundrum" published in the ISSS Journals - 59th Meeting vol 1 no 1 (2015).
- "From the Classroom: The Why And The How of The Infographic Wow " NEG Symposium, New Jersey, April 2018.
- "Infographics in Teaching and Writing: Best Practices" DeVry University Journal of Scholarly Research 4.1(2018).
- “Socializing Virtual learning Spaces: Exploring Pedagogical Affordances of Select Web 2.0 tools”, 47th Annual NeMLA convention, Hartford, Connecticut, Mar 19, 2016
- “What’s Revolutionary About the Santiniketan style of theater?: An Investigation of the Dramatics of The Waterfall,” Presented in and chaired Forms of Postcoloniality Panel, New Jersey College English Association Conference, South Orange, New Jersey, April 16,2016
- “Getting the Job: A Book review of How to Get into a Professor’s Shoes,” DeVry University Journal of Scholarly Research, 3.1(2016): 50-52.
- “Encounters and Exchanges: An Intercultural Interrogation of Rabindranath Tagore’s Dramaturgy in Muktadhara,” Rabindranath Tagore and the Indian Dramatic Traditions, Under review
- Developing your social media and digital presence, Online Learning Consortium, Certification, 2016
- Designing Gamified Learning environments, Certification, 2016
- Designing Developmental Courses, Online Learning Consortium, Certification, 2015
- Creating Concept Maps, Online Learning Consortium certification, Certification, 2015
- Screencasting, Online Learning Consortium, Certification, 2015
- Developing your social media and digital presence, Certification, Online Learning Consortium, 2016
- Designing Gamified Learning environments, Certification, Online Learning Consortium, 2016
- "The Time App: a new play inspired by Shakespeare's The Tempest." Playwriting Commission from McCarter Theatre Center Education. Princeton, NJ. March, 2015.